We recommend the following books as good resources for planning your gap year:
You can also scroll down the page to click on links to order the books at Amazon.com
- The Complete Guide to the Gap Year. The Best Things to Do Between High School and College by Kristin M. White.
- Your Gap Year: Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Year Out the Adventure of a Lifetime by Susan Griffith.
- Lonely Planet The Gap Year Book by Joe Bindloss
- The Gap Year Advantage: Helping Your Child Benefit from Time Off Before or During College by Karl Haiger and Rae Nelson.
- Taking Time Off, 2nd Edition (College Admissions Guides) by Colin Hall.
- Before You Go: The Ultimate Guide to Planning your Gap Year by Tom Griffiths.
Ben Casnocha, a student at Claremont McKenna College, was recently asked to weigh in on our site about his own a gap year experience. He happily obliged, and provided the following 'thoughts' about his gap year experience. Ben has helped popularize the gap year concept in the US with his Gap Year Travel Blog. He is also an entrepreneur and author.